Nominees must be age 40 or under by submission deadline.
Nominees must be making a significant and lasting impact in the lives of women and girls. This can be widely interpreted to include all the different areas where one can have an impact – health, education, the environment, mentoring, sports, economic empowerment, etc.
Nominees must be women with an acknowledged connection to Peace Corps. This includes: Currently serving or Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and/or current or former U.S.-based Peace Corps Staff.
Nominations must demonstrate a clear connection between the nominees’ Peace Corps experience and their current work. How did the nominees’ Peace Corps experience inspire their commitment to serving women and girls? Written statements must be 1000 words or less.
Nominations must show demonstrated success and impact. Testimonials are highly encouraged.
Please direct any questions via email.
Nominations for the Kate Raftery Emerging Leader Award are open from February 15, 2023 to July 15, 2023.
1. The evaluation committee will be determined by the Women of Peace Corps Legacy Awards Committee co-chairs.
2. All nominees will be evaluated against other candidate submissions.
3. Nominations will be reviewed for the unique and significant contributions of the nominees, scope or reach of their work, and their impact on women and girls.
4. Nominations are open from February 15 to July 15, 2023.
5. The award will be made to one individual and will be presented at a special awards ceremony in October.