Women of Peace Corps Legacy (WPCL) is a 501(c)3 organization whose mission is to bring Peace Corps women together to serve communities and create a better world for future generations. We have a small board and several working groups that meet virtually and face-to-face. We do not seek to create programs but to partner with and highlight the work of those existing organizations and programs that are effectively addressing the issues of women and girls. We aspire to represent all those women whose lives have been positively affected by Peace Corps, those currently serving, and those who have served over the last 50 plus years.
News & Stories
Read about the work we have done and the partnerships we are forming:
- Click here to sign up for our upcoming Membership Information Session (live zoom webinar) - January 28, 2021
- Kate Raftery Emerging Leader Award Presentation (recorded webinar) - October 22, 2020
- Gearing Up for International Women's Day (recorded webinar) - February 7, 2018
- Supporting Women and Girls Around the World: A Conversation (recorded webinar) - October 10, 2017
- Celebrate "Woman of Achievement" Dee Aker at Peace Corps Connect - June 29, 2017
- Nobel Peace Laureate and Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Joining Peace Corps Connect Conference - August 10, 2016
Watch clips from our Women of Peace Corps Legacy documentary highlighting a different woman and her story of service:
More from the Peace Corps Community
Our group is one part of a vast community of affiliate groups of the National Peace Corps Association. Join NPCA and subscribe to their e-newsletter to engage with the broader Peace Corps community. Learn more.