We are now accepting nominations for our 2020-2021 award through June 15th, 2021.
- Nominees must be women with an acknowledged connection to Peace Corps. This includes: Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and/or current or former Peace Corps Staff (U.S. direct hire or contractor).
- Nominees must have made or be making significant and lasting impact in the lives of women and girls. This can be widely interpreted to include all the different areas where one can have an impact – health, education, the environment, mentoring, sports, economic empowerment etc.
- Nominations must be supported with concrete examples that demonstrate the scope and long-term impact of the nominees' efforts to benefit women and girls.
- The nominee must be living.
- WPCL recommends that you keep your nomination confidential in case your nominee is not selected.
1. The evaluation committee will be made up of three or four women determined by the Women of Peace Corps Legacy Board.
2. All nominees will be evaluated against other candidate submissions.
3. Applications will be reviewed for the unique and significant contributions of the nominees, scope or reach of their work, and their impact on women and girls.
4. Nominations will be accepted through June 15, 2021 and announced in October 2021.
5. The award will be made to one individual and presented at the National Peace Corp Association’s Peace Corps Connect Conference.