- Nominees must be women with an acknowledged connection to Peace Corps. This includes: Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and/or current or former Peace Corps Staff.
- While there is only one award annually, multiple individuals can be nominated as part of a group award. All members of the “group award” would need to be affiliated with Peace Corps. WPCL will cover travel expenses for two people to participate in the annual award ceremony.
- Nominees must have made or be making significant and lasting impact in the lives of women and girls. This can be widely interpreted to include all the different areas where one can have an impact – health, education, the environment, mentoring, sports, economic empowerment, etc.
1. The evaluation committee will be made up of three or four women determined by the Women of Peace Corps Legacy Board.
2. All nominees will be evaluated against other candidate submissions.
3. Applications will be reviewed for the unique and significant contributions of the nominees, scope or reach of their work, and their impact on women and girls.
4. Applications will also be reviewed against the mission and goals of Women of Peace Corps Legacy.
5. Nominations will be accepted online through March 31st and the award recipient will be announced by May 31st of each year.